Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer Vacation 2013 ~ Part 2

Click here to read Summer Vacation 2013 ~ Part 1

Day 5: The older kids and most of the adults went and drove Go-Karts. Unicorn went with them and after riding in a go-kart she decided she would have had more fun going mini-golf with Monkey, Ladybug, Daddy and me. While Daddy and I were mini-golfing with the little ones we got to watch a helicopter take off and land multiple times nearby. Monkey and Ladybug really enjoyed golfing and watching the helicopter. As we finished up golfing we got to see Papa W and a couple of his grandsons being dare devils!
Monkey golfing
Ladybug golfing
Helicopter tour landing
Watching the helicopter land
Watching Daddy golf
Papa and 2 of his grandsons
Papa and M and J
After this Ladybug says to me "I want to try that"!
Day 6: Most of the family went to Silver Dollar City Amusement Park. Afterwards, there was some swimming, family dinner, family photos, Papa's 75th Birthday Slideshow, Games and Party.
 Day 7: We had one last breakfast with some of the family and headed home. We spent the night in a KOA cabin in Elk City, Oklahoma. We had chicken and cheese tortillas and made Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler.
Day 8: We got up and got going and stopped at McDonald's for breakfast around 10 am. We saw some smoke around Albuquerque from one of the fires in the state. We pulled into the Grants, New Mexico KOA campground around 3 pm. It was pretty hot and windy. We put up the tent and then headed into town to find a resturant with some air conditioning. We pulled into a Denny's only to find out that their A/C was out. We ate dinner quickly and headed to the Wal-Mart next door to get ice and cool off a little. The A/C at the Wal-Mart was barely working so we got the ice and went back to the campground. We took a family vote and decided that since we were only 6 and 1/2 hours from home that we would pack up the tent and just drive on home.
Smoke just outside of Albuquerque
1st attempt of the kids and all the stuff
2nd attempt (after I told them to at least pretend like they were having fun)
Day 9: We pulled in our driveway at 12:30 am. We unloaded the kids and the cooler. I put the kids to bed and Daddy unpacked the cooler. We brought everything in from the car and dumped it in the living room and went to bed. We woke up at 7:30 and unpacked and put everything away. Other than the laundry we were finished by 10 am. My mom brought the puppies home around noon and we were back to our normal lives.

Now I just need a vacation from my vacation!

Coming Soon: Our Dutch Oven Adventures

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Feel free to leave a comment!